Boiling water doesn’t get rid of it. Residential filters don’t take it out either. In a special Great Lakes Now report, Bureau Chief Mary Ellen Geist explains what PFAS are and how high levels of the chemicals are contaminating water on the west side of Michigan.
February 13, 2020
6/16/19: American Black Journal – National Rhythm and Blues Hall of Fame / Juneteenth at the Wright Museum
June 12, 2019
October 22, 2019
News From Around Detroit
- Raphael Washington, deputy chief of jail and courts, named new Wayne County sheriffby Detroit Free Press (GANNETT Syndication Service)
A panel of three county officials named Raphael Washington sheriff Friday. Washington was previously accused of sexually harassing female employees.
- Michigan's economy could be permanently changed by COVID-19, economists sayby Detroit Free Press (GANNETT Syndication Service)
The shift to online meetings, if it continues beyond the pandemic, would hurt car rentals and auto sales. The auto industry is still key in Michigan.
- Craig skeptical whether police response to Capitol riot different than Black Lives Matterby Detroit Free Press (GANNETT Syndication Service)
Craig questions whether Black Lives Matter protests and the insurrection at the Capitol shows stark contrast in police response. Experts disagree.
- Southfield officer under investigation after firing at, injuring man in stolen vehicleby Detroit Free Press (GANNETT Syndication Service)
The suspect — who was not named — ended up at a Detroit hospital saying he had been shot by police.
- Michigan reports 2,598 new COVID-19 cases, 29 deaths Fridayby Detroit Free Press (GANNETT Syndication Service)
Michigan now has a total of 533,602 confirmed cases and 13,701 confirmed deaths since March.
- PBS NewsHour Special Report: American Reckoning
We explore what drove the Jan. 6 attack on the nation's capital, the failures to heed warnings about growing anti-government and white nationalist extremism, the role of misinformation and disinformation online, and where we as a country go from here.
- Pandemic eats into LGBTQ representation on network TV, study shows
"We're hoping that is just a blip and not the beginning of a trend," GLAAD's President & CEO Sarah Kate Ellis said in an interview, adding that the decrease overall was largely due to fewer shows being made.
- TSA looking into adding Capitol rioters to U.S. no-fly list
The Transportation Security Administration say they are increasing security at Washington-area airports leading up to next week's presidential inauguration.