Are you looking for some arts, culture, music and family-friendly fun to experience in Southeast Michigan this weekend? “Detroit Performs: Live from Marygrove” host and One Detroit contributor Satori Shakoor shares what Detroit and other metro cities have on tap for the March 3 weekend and into next week on “One Detroit Weekend.”
List of Upcoming Events:
- “The Jungle Book” takes center stage at the Baldwin Theatre in Royal Oak March 2-5, put on by the Stagecrafters Youth Theatre.
- Enjoy the chamber music concert “Black Angels” at the American Romanian Festival March 3 at the War Memorial in Grosse Pointe Farms. The performance starts at 7:30 p.m.
- Renowned jazz drummer Gayelynn McKinney performs at the Dirty Dog Jazz Café March 8-11.
- The Detroit Institute of Arts invites people to come draw ancient Greek and Roman sculptures for its “Drawing in the Galleries” series from 6-8:30 p.m. March 3.
- Choir! Choir! Choir! Comes to The Ark at 7:30 p.m. March 5 for a George Harrison singalong to celebrate the late Beatles’ 80th birthday.
- The Scarab Club presents “The Power of Color” exhibit through March 11. The exhibit features artists Jide Aje, M. Saffell Gardner, Carole Harris, Kristyn McKinney, Senghor Reid, and Shirley Woodson.
Subscribe to One Detroit’s YouTube Channel & Don’t miss One Detroit Mondays and Thursdays at 7:30 p.m. on Detroit Public TV, WTVS-Channel 56.
Catch the daily conversations on our website, Facebook, Twitter @DPTVOneDetroit, and Instagram @One.Detroit
View Past Episodes >
Watch One Detroit every Monday and Thursday at 7:30 p.m. ET on Detroit Public TV on Detroit Public TV, WTVS-Channel 56.