How is school going this year for kids and parents so far?
Thursday, 9/24 at 7:30pm ET, the One Detroit Education Special: School Daze will take a look at how Michigan schools compare with what’s going on across the nation. Plus, we’ll talk with teachers, parents, and administrators about technology challenges and special education concerns.
We’ll also hear from our local student reporters from the PBS NewsHour Student Reporting Labs and talk with author, Jeffrey Selingo, about how COVID-19 has changed college for good.
- Detroit Students participating in PBS Newshour Student Reporting Labs
- Chastity Pratt, Education Bureau Chief, The Wall Street Journal
- Erin Einhorn, National Reporter, NBC News
- Jeffrey Selingo, New York Times bestselling author of “Who Gets In and Why: A Year Inside College Admissions”
- Casey Loiselle, Special Education Teacher, Livonia
- Takara Montgomery, Parent, Mental Health Counselor
- Eric McGrath, Parent, Associate Professor of Pediatrics, WSU School of Medicine
- Pat Davis, Grandmother
- Rachel Fuerer, Director, Special Education Instructional Learning Network, MAISA