Each Thursday at noon, join the COVID313 Community Coalition for Families and Students for a Virtual Townhall focused on supporting parents, students, and families during the Coronavirus outbreak.
July 21, 2018
February 12, 2018
News From Around Detroit
- Detroiter leads Biden inauguration week service initiative for MLK Dayby Detroit Free Press (GANNETT Syndication Service)
Byron Brooks hosts a Biden-Harris Inaugural Sponsored MLK Day event in Detroit.
- Whitmer expresses concern over Senate GOP leader's meeting with self-described militiasby Detroit Free Press (GANNETT Syndication Service)
Whitmer said she wants to know if Shirkey met in 2020 with any of the groups involved in an alleged plot to kidnap her.
- Nearly 12,000 doses of Moderna COVID-19 vaccines spoiled en route to Michiganby Detroit Free Press (GANNETT Syndication Service)
A temperature disruption spoiled 21 shipments of Moderna's COVID-19 vaccine as they were being delivered to Michigan, state health officials said.
- 2 airline agents injured at Metro Airport after being 'attacked' by passengersby Detroit Free Press (GANNETT Syndication Service)
Both of the agents were injured from the dispute. One of the agents was taken to a hospital, a spokesperson from Spirit Airlines said.
- Metro Detroit nurse to sing 'Amazing Grace' for national audience at COVID-19 memorialby Detroit Free Press (GANNETT Syndication Service)
"I am lost for words right now," Lori Key wrote on Facebook. The Presidential Inaugural Committee is hosting the streaming event.
- Trump in final parting shot hits Venezuela with sanctions
Trump leaves office Wednesday, but he's led an international coalition over two years aimed at pressuring Maduro from power. The U.S. backs his leading opponent, Juan Guaidó.
- WATCH: Gen. Lloyd Austin's full opening statement in Senate confirmation hearing
Addressing the Senate Armed Services Committee, Austin, who served 41 years in the Army, vowed to surround himself with qualified civilians and include them in policy decisions.
- Trump wishes Biden luck without naming him in farewell video
Trump says in the video released Tuesday that, "This week we inaugurate a new administration and pray for its success in keeping America safe and prosperous."