Local businesses and organizations are coming together to make sure everyone gets counted in Census 2020. In this interview from the Mackinac Policy Conference, Christy talks with representatives from three local groups that are working to merge resources and efforts: Donna Murray-Brown, CEO of the Michigan Nonprofit Association; Hassan Jaber, executive director of ACCESS; and Nancy Moody, VP of Public Affairs at DTE Energy.
January 14, 2020
February 17, 2020
February 13, 2020
News From Around Detroit
- New Mich. unemployment claims drop to levels not seen since before November restrictionsby Detroit Free Press (GANNETT Syndication Service)
New claims in Michigan dropped to 13,212 in the week ending Feb. 20, down from 18,318 the week prior, the U.S. Department of Labor said Thursday.
- Sportsmen, lawmakers to state wildlife managers: Allow Michigan wolf hunting, trappingby Detroit Free Press (GANNETT Syndication Service)
"There is no scientifically or ethically viable justification to kill wolves," the director of a leading Michigan wolf hunt opposition group said.
- Sterling Heights police officer on leave in racist Facebook post investigationby Detroit Free Press (GANNETT Syndication Service)
Sterling Heights Police opened the investigation Tuesday, after WXYZ approached them.
- Family fights back after dad, drug ringleader is sent back to prison 2 weeks after releaseby Detroit Free Press (GANNETT Syndication Service)
John Bass, 51, formed and led a drug trafficking operation called the Dog Pound from 1989 to 1997. He was granted a compassionate release in January.
- Feds looking into drug pipeline from Detroit to North Dakotaby Detroit Free Press (GANNETT Syndication Service)
Federal authorities said they are investigating a drug pipeline that involves moving the powerful opioid fentanyl from Detroit to North Dakota.
- Get whatever COVID-19 vaccine is available, Fauci says
Dr. Anthony Fauci says it's a race "between the virus and getting vaccines into people" and "the longer one waits not getting vaccinated, the better chance the virus has to get a variant or a mutation."
- U.S. jobless claims still high at 730,000 but fewest in 3 months
The number of Americans seeking unemployment benefits fell sharply last week in a sign that layoffs may have eased, though applications for aid remain at a historically high level.
- WATCH LIVE: White House press secretary Psaki holds news briefing
White House press secretary Jen Psaki is expected to hold a daily news briefing on Thursday.