Join DPTV Thursday, January 28 at 4:30pm ET for this important conversation about the state of education.
Category: The View From Islandview
News From Around Detroit
- Tortoises' lottery number picks may be lucky charm to win Mega Millions jackpotby Detroit Free Press (GANNETT Syndication Service)
The tortoises chose 28, 30, 33, 37, 70 and Mega Ball 5.
- Flint water case against Snyder 'fatally flawed,' should be dismissed, lawyer saysby Detroit Free Press (GANNETT Syndication Service)
Snyder's attorney is trying to get the Flint water crisis case thrown out because he argues the charges should have been filed in Lansing.
- Michigan pot shops giving free joints to customers vaccinated for COVID-19by Detroit Free Press (GANNETT Syndication Service)
The campaign seems to be as much about garnering free advertising as it is promoting the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Whitmer expresses concern over Senate GOP leader's meeting with self-described militiasby Detroit Free Press (GANNETT Syndication Service)
Whitmer said she wants to know if Shirkey met in 2020 with any of the groups involved in an alleged plot to kidnap her.
- Michigan reports 1,738 new COVID-19 cases, 41 deaths Tuesdayby Detroit Free Press (GANNETT Syndication Service)
Michigan now has a total of 540,115 confirmed cases and 13,865 deaths since March.
- How communities across the country are honoring COVID victims
From tiny flags to empty chairs, here's how different communities in the U.S. are memorializing the victims of the pandemic.
- U.S. virus death toll tops 400,000 in Trump's final hours
The running total of lives lost, as compiled by Johns Hopkins University, is nearly equal to the number of Americans killed in World II.
- WATCH: Blinken sees Congress as 'partner' on foreign policy
In prepared remarks, Blinken said he is ready to confront challenges posed by China, Iran, North Korea and Russia and is committed to rebuilding the State Department after four years of atrophy.