Join DPTV Thursday, January 28 at 4:30pm ET for this important conversation about the state of education.
Category: Mackinac Policy Conference
News From Around Detroit
- Michigan pot shops giving free joints to customers vaccinated for COVID-19by Detroit Free Press (GANNETT Syndication Service)
The campaign seems to be as much about garnering free advertising as it is promoting the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Whitmer expresses concern over Senate GOP leader's meeting with self-described militiasby Detroit Free Press (GANNETT Syndication Service)
Whitmer said she wants to know if Shirkey met in 2020 with any of the groups involved in an alleged plot to kidnap her.
- Michigan reports 1,738 new COVID-19 cases, 41 deaths Tuesdayby Detroit Free Press (GANNETT Syndication Service)
Michigan now has a total of 540,115 confirmed cases and 13,865 deaths since March.
- Replay: Gretchen Whitmer update on COVID-19 response, state economyby Detroit Free Press (GANNETT Syndication Service)
Gov. Gretchen Whitmer is expected to provide an update to Michigan's response to the COVID-19 pandemic at 2 p.m. Tuesday in Lansing.
- Some Michigan unemployment claimants can certify for pandemic benefits this weekby Detroit Free Press (GANNETT Syndication Service)
Claimants on PEUC or PUA benefits who had benefit weeks remaining as of Dec. 26 can certify. Those who have exhausted their weeks will have to wait.
- WATCH: Alejandro Mayorkas' full opening statement in Senate confirmation hearing
President-elect Joe Biden's nominee to lead the Department of Homeland Security addressed the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol at the start of his Senate confirmation hearing.
- The advice that freed Jia Tolentino from 'the worst traps in both life and writing'
Our January book club pick for Now Read This, the PBS NewsHour's book club with The New York Times, is Jia Tolentino's "Trick Mirror: Reflections on Self-Delusion."
- U.S. soldier arrested in plot to blow up New York City 9/11 Memorial
Cole James Bridges of Stow, Ohio, was in custody on charges of attempted material support of a terrorist organization -- the Islamic State group.