Join DPTV Thursday, January 28 at 4:30pm ET for this important conversation about the state of education.
Category: Business & Entrepreneurship
News From Around Detroit
- Flint water case against Snyder 'fatally flawed,' should be dismissed, lawyer saysby Detroit Free Press (GANNETT Syndication Service)
Snyder's attorney is trying to get the Flint water crisis case thrown out because he argues the charges should have been filed in Lansing.
- Some Michigan unemployment claimants can certify for pandemic benefits this weekby Detroit Free Press (GANNETT Syndication Service)
Claimants on PEUC or PUA benefits who had benefit weeks remaining as of Dec. 26 can certify. Those who have exhausted their weeks will have to wait.
- Whitmer headed to Washington, DC for Biden-Harris inaugurationby Detroit Free Press (GANNETT Syndication Service)
In a news release, Whitmer said she looks forward to working with the Biden administration to defeat the coronavirus pandemic and restore the economy.
- Watch live: Gretchen Whitmer update on COVID-19 response, state economyby Detroit Free Press (GANNETT Syndication Service)
Gov. Gretchen Whitmer is expected to provide an update to Michigan's response to the COVID-19 pandemic at 2 p.m. Tuesday in Lansing.
- Tortoises' lottery number picks may be lucky charm to win Mega Millions jackpotby Detroit Free Press (GANNETT Syndication Service)
The tortoises chose 28, 30, 33, 37, 70 and mega ball 5.
- Halted rocket test could stall NASA moon shot, redo possible
The space agency had aimed to launch its new rocket and an empty Orion capsule by the end of the year, with the capsule flying past the moon and back.
- Black Americans are getting vaccinated at lower rates than white Americans
In 16 states that have released data by race, white residents are being vaccinated at significantly higher rates than Black residents, according to a new Kaiser Health News analysis -- in many cases two to three times higher.
- Georgia certifies Democrats Warnock and Ossoff's Senate wins
The certification by Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger officially seals Warnock and Ossoff's victories. They defeated Republicans Kelly Loeffler and David Perdue in the Jan. 5 runoffs.