Church of the Messiah and Let’s Have Girl Talk Mentoring Program teamed up to take a stand against the predators, educate the community and protect our children with an event entitled, “When Sex Sells: The Truth about Human Trafficking.”Read More
Author: Robert Tompkins
News From Around Detroit
- Building Black wealth and opportunity with intentionby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
This year will mark the 60th anniversary of the March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom where Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. delivered his seminal ‘I Have a Dream’ speech.
- Working for a better Detroitby Olivia Lewis (Olivia Lewis, Author at BridgeDetroit)
BridgeDetroit contributor Olivia Lewis reflects on our transition to in-person engagement, policing, inclusive development and the will of Detroit’s voters.
- A point of gratitudeby Orlando Bailey (Orlando Bailey, Author at BridgeDetroit)
BridgeDetroit’s Orlando Bailey reflects on our newsroom engagement in 2022 and plans to build continued community connection next year.
- Detroit’s 2022 topics: Tax justice, land use and gun violenceby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
BridgeDetroit contributor Bryce Huffman weighs in on some of his most memorable coverage of the year, and shares plans for his future.
- Replacement paratransit vendor unlikely before 2023 service cutsby Bryce Huffman and Malachi Barrett (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
Some council members would convene a December session to vote on a new contract, but Mike Duggan’s administration said the bidding process will have to reopen next year.
- Death toll tops 11,000 in Turkish earthquake as freezing temperatures hamper rescue efforts
Stretched rescue teams are toiling in Turkey and Syria, searching for signs of life in the rubble of thousands of buildings toppled by a catastrophic earthquake.
- Read Biden's full 2023 State of the Union remarks
"As we gather here tonight, we are writing the next chapter in the great American story," President Joe Biden told a joint session of Congress on Tuesday.
- LeBron James breaks NBA scoring record set by Abdul-Jabbar
With 10.9 seconds left in the third quarter against the Oklahoma City Thunder on Tuesday night, James outstretched his arms, threw both hands in the air, then smiled.