The Detroit Economic Club presented a conversation with General John M. “Mike” Murray the commander of Army Futures Command streamed live from The Masonic Temple by Detroit Public TV onSeptember 5.Read More
Author: Lea Vigi
Jun 10, 2019
The Detroit Economic Club presents a conversation with Chairwoman of the Republican National Committee (RNC), Ronna McDaniel, streamed live from the MotorCity Casino Hotel by Detroit Public TV on Monday, June 10 at 12:30pm ET.Read More
Wayne County Exec. Warren Evans Congratulates American Black Journal for 50 years of Community Service
Jun 7, 2019
This week, Wayne County Executive Warren Evans recognized American Black Journal’s legacy and contributions to public affairs programming.Read More
News From Around Detroit
- Whitmer calls for unity, says continued efforts and vaccines will end pandemicby Detroit Free Press (GANNETT Syndication Service)
Whitmer set out measures to ramp up vaccinations, help the economy, and get schooling back on track.
- Lawsuit: Police breath testing machine fraud led to wrongful drunken driving caseby Detroit Free Press (GANNETT Syndication Service)
A contract employee pled guilty in the fraud investigation in 2020.
- Hartland man pleads guilty in Whitmer kidnap plot, agrees to 'fully cooperate'by Detroit Free Press (GANNETT Syndication Service)
The feds secured their first guilty plea in the plot to kidnap Gov. Gretchen Whitmer. The defendant has agreed to cooperate and testify against others.
- Michigan marijuana may be contaminated with mold, testing labs warnby Detroit Free Press (GANNETT Syndication Service)
The state is no longer allowing a specific marijuana testing method for mold and yeast, but has not ordered a recall.
- Ray's Ice Cream in Royal Oak nets $52,000 in 24 hours with GoFundMeby Detroit Free Press (GANNETT Syndication Service)
Royal Oak ice cream shop, Ray's Ice Cream, has received an overwhelming amount of support from community members, as they struggle to keep open during COVID-19.
- How does the filibuster work?
The Senate rules on the filibuster are complicated. Lisa Desjardins answers your questions.
- With no Mardi Gras parades, New Orleans transforms houses into 'floats'
All around New Orleans, thousands of houses are being decorated as floats because the coronavirus outbreak canceled the elaborate parades.
- Brazil to end military-led program against Amazon logging deforestation
Conclusion of the program means environmental agencies will once again be responsible for monitoring the country's rainforest.