Award-winning actor Carol Christine Hilaria (CCH) Pounder is known for her roles in TV and movies, but did you know she’s also an avid art collector. Her curated exhibit titled “Queen,” a mixed-media exhibit displaying paintings, sculptures and more showcasing Black womanhood, beauty and empowerment, was featured at the Charles H. Wright African-American Museum. During the exhibit, One Detroit’s Will Glover caught up with CCH to talk about the culmination of her 45 year career as an actor, the inspiration for collecting the artwork in her exhibit, and the growth of Black representation in public art spaces.Read More
Author: Christina Amato
Jun 19, 2021
Stephen talks with the Michigan Opera Theatre’s new Artist-in-Residence, plus this year marks the 5th anniversary of the death of boxing great Muhammad Ali.Read More
May 5, 2021
How We Got Here: The Asian American Experience in Metro Detroit May 19, 2021 at 7pm ET Watch on...Read More
Nov 27, 2020
If you grew up listening to Detroit radio, chances are you know the late legendary DJ Robin Seymour. Seymour, who passed away in April 2020, was known for his energetic, youthful voice and his uncanny ability to connect with his radio audience.Read More
News From Around Detroit
- Building Black wealth and opportunity with intentionby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
This year will mark the 60th anniversary of the March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom where Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. delivered his seminal ‘I Have a Dream’ speech.
- Working for a better Detroitby Olivia Lewis (Olivia Lewis, Author at BridgeDetroit)
BridgeDetroit contributor Olivia Lewis reflects on our transition to in-person engagement, policing, inclusive development and the will of Detroit’s voters.
- A point of gratitudeby Orlando Bailey (Orlando Bailey, Author at BridgeDetroit)
BridgeDetroit’s Orlando Bailey reflects on our newsroom engagement in 2022 and plans to build continued community connection next year.
- Detroit’s 2022 topics: Tax justice, land use and gun violenceby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
BridgeDetroit contributor Bryce Huffman weighs in on some of his most memorable coverage of the year, and shares plans for his future.
- Replacement paratransit vendor unlikely before 2023 service cutsby Bryce Huffman and Malachi Barrett (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
Some council members would convene a December session to vote on a new contract, but Mike Duggan’s administration said the bidding process will have to reopen next year.
- LeBron James breaks NBA scoring record set by Abdul-Jabbar
With 10.9 seconds left in the third quarter against the Oklahoma City Thunder on Tuesday night, James outstretched his arms, threw both hands in the air, then smiled.
- Democrats win control of Pennsylvania House, ending years of GOP rule
Democrats won control of the Pennsylvania House in special elections Tuesday, wresting partial power from Republicans for the first time in a dozen years in the competitive swing state.
- WATCH: In GOP response, Arkansas Gov. Sanders slams Biden for 'woke fantasies'
Arkansas Gov. Sarah Huckabee Sanders painted a dystopian portrait of the country in the Republican rebuttal to President Joe Biden's State of the Union address.