Latest News One Detroit
- One Detroit Weekend: February 3, 2023One Detroit contributors Peter Whorf and Cecelia Sharpe, of WRCJ 90.9 FM, share what Detroit and other metro cities have on tap for the Feb. 3 weekend and into next week with One Detroit’s newest segment, “One Detroit Weekend.”[Read Now]
- Sculptor Austen Brantley discusses solo exhibit ‘Musé,’ bein…Detroit-based sculptor Austen Brantley talks about his solo exhibit “Musé,” two upcoming works of his dedicated to Michigan’s Black history, and how he communicates through his art.[Read Now]
- Tyre Nichols’ death: A roundtable about racism, police…One Detroit contributor Stephen Henderson hosts a roundtable on race, police reform and mental health after the police beating and death of Tyre Nichols. [Read Now]
- Metro Detroit Asian American community holds local vigil for…Michigan’s AAPI community gathered in Madison Heights to hold a local vigil for the Monterey Park and Half Moon Bay mass shooting victims and those in the community affected by the tragedy. [Read Now]
- Detroit’s Black churches partner with city schools, champion…American Black Journal’s "Black Church in Detroit” series examines the important role the Black church plays in supporting the city's schools and students through DPSCD's Faith-Based Initiative and Every School Day Counts program.[Read Now]
- Michigan caregivers are providing care for their loved ones. Who’s caring for them?For three Metro Detroit caregivers, the life changes and challenges that come with caring for loved ones have become part of their everyday life. On some days, it can feel as if those responsibilities might push them to the breaking point. […]
- Bridge Michigan | As Pandemic Wanes, Michigan Confronts Toll of Isolation on Homebound SeniorsAs COVID-19 wanes, state agencies are finding creative methods to help Michigan homebound seniors cope with the toll of isolation brought on by the pandemic. […]
- WXXI News | More Youths Are Becoming Home Caregivers. Experts Say They Need More Help and Support
News from Bridge Detroit
- Building Black wealth and opportunity with intentionby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
This year will mark the 60th anniversary of the March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom where Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. delivered his seminal ‘I Have a Dream’ speech.
- Working for a better Detroitby Olivia Lewis (Olivia Lewis, Author at BridgeDetroit)
BridgeDetroit contributor Olivia Lewis reflects on our transition to in-person engagement, policing, inclusive development and the will of Detroit’s voters.
- A point of gratitudeby Orlando Bailey (Orlando Bailey, Author at BridgeDetroit)
BridgeDetroit’s Orlando Bailey reflects on our newsroom engagement in 2022 and plans to build continued community connection next year.
- Detroit’s 2022 topics: Tax justice, land use and gun violenceby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
BridgeDetroit contributor Bryce Huffman weighs in on some of his most memorable coverage of the year, and shares plans for his future.
- LeBron James breaks NBA scoring record set by Abdul-Jabbaron February 8, 2023
With 10.9 seconds left in the third quarter […]
- Democrats win control of Pennsylvania House, ending years of GOP ruleon February 8, 2023
Democrats won control of the Pennsylvania House […]
- WATCH: In GOP response, Arkansas Gov. Sanders slams Biden for 'woke fantasies'on February 8, 2023
Arkansas Gov. Sarah Huckabee Sanders painted a […]
- WATCH: 'No place for political violence,' Biden says in condemning Pelosi attackon February 8, 2023
President Joe Biden concluded his State of the […]