This episode originally aired on June 15, 2020
Monday on One Detroit:
- Cranbrook Design Tours: Kevin Adkisson is the Associate Curator at Cranbrook Center for Collections and Research. Kevin is embracing technology by giving design tours on social media.
- Daniel Bernard Roumain (DBR) is a prolific and endlessly collaborative composer, performer, educator, and social entrepreneur. DBR earned his doctorate in Music Composition from the University of Michigan and has worked with artists from Philip Glass to Bill T. Jones to Lady Gaga. Acclaimed as a violinist and activist, DBR talks with Aaron Dworkin, Host of Arts Engines and Professor of Arts Leadership & Entrepreneurship at the University of Michigan, on how he is using his art to impact social change.
- Satori Shakoor is a renowned storyteller and theatre artist. She is the founder of The Secret Society Of Twisted Storytellers, a curated, monthly live storytelling event that features real people who tell true stories. Satori talks with Stephen Henderson about how they are now bringing the event to audience virtually due to the current situation and the importance of storytelling, especially now.
- Detroit Performs: Ballet Edge Detroit, founded in 2017 by Erica Briganti and Angel Lavery, is metro-Detroit’s newest ballet company. The Company blends classical ballet with an edgy, current style. Ballet Edge Detroit believes that all people, from dance experts to patrons with little exposure to ballet, will be able to relate, connect with, and enjoy their artistic work.
- End Performance: In an effort to support freelance musicians during today’s unprecedented times, Sphinx is partnering with the Chineke! Foundation in the United Kingdom for a transatlantic project, Music Across the Ocean. Performing Samuel Coleridge-Taylor’s Othello Suite, 72 musicians and 9 conductors recorded their individual parts in their homes in the UK, USA and in Europe.
Watch for upcoming video:
Watch One Detroit every Thursday and Monday at 7:30pm ET on Detroit Public TV.