Monday on One Detroit:
- Design Core Detroit: Design Core Detroit champions design-driven businesses and their role in strengthening Detroit’s economy. It offers services to strengthen, grow and attract design businesses, increases market demand for design services, and tells Detroit’s design story locally and globally. Christy McDonald talks with Executive Director, Olga Stella about the creativity that is emerging right now and the innovation that is coming out of the pandemic.
- Interpretive Dance: Peter Sparling is a 20th-century American dancer and distinguished emeritus dance professor at the University of Michigan. Peter Whorf from WRCJ talks with Peter Sparling about his dance performance of Man in the Moon. When creating this video, Peter experimented and explored certain aspects of video technology by using green screen chroma key technology that allowed him to create all sorts of illusions on the screen. Peter is realizing the importance of video technology especially through the pandemic.
- Maury Okun: Music festivals and chamber groups are busy trying to figure out what the future holds for performances and thinking of new ways to engage their audience. Christy McDonald talks with Maury Okun, President of the Detroit Chamber Winds & Strings, as well as the President of the Great Lakes Chamber Music Festival about his concerns and their latest plans.
- Detroit Performs: Detroit Institute of Music Education (DIME) is an institute custom built for serious musicians who desire a long-term, professional career in today’s music industry. The courses are designed to build strong musical foundations which allow students to seize opportunities for long and sustainable careers. The Detroit Performs segment profiles a couple students at the Detroit Institute of Music Education.
- Performance: Special virtual tribute to our country of the Star Spangled Banner from the Livingston County Band.
Watch One Detroit every Thursday and Monday at 7:30pm ET on Detroit Public TV.