Tonight on MiWeek:
The MiWeek team and special roundtable guests Lee Wilkins and Garlin Gilchrist II take an in-depth look at the role of media in this year’s elections. Lee Wilkins is the Chair of the Department of Communication of Wayne State University. Garlin Gilchrist II is the Executive Director of U of M Center for Social Media Responsibility. Some of the questions they’ll tackle are:
- Have news organizations gained voters’ trust?
- Is the media’s focus more splintered now than in 2016?
- How is social media changing the way news is communicated?
- How are candidates using social media to their advantage for 2018?
- How can people trust the information they’re seeing on social media – are users turning away from social media or using it more?